The Venice Canals
What has always baffled & amazed me, is that you can literally find anything in L.A. That place will either make or break your dreams, but in the process you will have experiences unlike any other place.
Who would have thought LA was so cold in March…
What I do know is that :
– There were no Uber answering from LAX, thanks to their slow wifi.
– I had forgotten to refill my T-Mobile account so I couldn’t use data to move away from the airport and eventually get an Uber to drive us home.
– That we didn’t have any change for at least taking a bus away from LAX, because we hadn’t thought this through…
– We did finally find an ATM and someone who accepted to change a 10$ bill.
– Somehow we managed to miss our bus, so we had to wait almost an hour for the next one…
– Finally, after 15hours or more of crazy travel, we were home-ish… except the apartment I used to stay at, was now the house next door. We didn’t even have the right address, oh well.
“I smiled. We were under the same sky at least.”
We flew back to Los Angeles from Paris, with my sister… so many feelings & memories came through. Last time we went together it was crazy and wild, we had awesome little adventures and many what the heck moments.
We’re going back home !
It really is overdue to go back to my beloved city of angels. My sister is coming along this time around, we’ve planned a whole month away to California – it’ll be from March to April.
We’ll be arriving just in time for WonderCon, my favorite convention down in Anaheim. We’ll also go to Disneyland while we’re there that weekend. We’ve decided for San Diego & Las Vegas to be part of our trip, but we’ll probably add other cities because we want to explore.
We won’t be staying in L.A. the entire time, we’re bound to it but we need adventures ! I got this crazy idea to film our vacation and make it into a “reality TV” type of web-series, lightly scripted, totally off the rails… I’ll be posting that on here and my YouTube channel.
It’s going to be a lot of fun. We’ll be based in South Bay for the amazing beaches and because when I first moved to Los Angeles that was my home, and I miss it so much, I want to relive those awesome feelings with my sister. We’re going full California girls style ! I literally want to do the most LA-esque things there are.
I cannot wait to see my best friend Noah, who’s stayed to live there. We’re basically the same person, it’s wild. I’ll always love this place dearly and that’s why I’m attracted to going back there all the time. After these many years, I still have the same dreams… without the illusions.
But I don’t want to feel like giving up because the world is too realistic. So I’m trying again, what do I have to lose from this, everything is gain. I think we all need that bit of magic in our lives to survive it, that’s why this is important to me, that’s why we’re leaving to enjoy every single second of this nostalgic trip.
I had a wonderful extended four-days weekend in Zurich visiting my best friend, the weather was quite nice half of the time which gave me the opportunity to walk around the city (something I love doing on all my trips) and take pictures. I’m sad to leave, but I’ll be back soon enough 😉