Take the high roller !
Many fun activities in Las Vegas…
- Let’s start with the High Roller, an observation wheel, from where you can get awesome views. It’s a truly fun experience, and they have an open bar on the last floor, with an open sky; pretty sweet. Or try the Zip Line !
- Definitely do a tour to the Grand Canyon; depending on your budget, you have quite a few possibilities. Usually, you can book that right there and then. They might even have discount prices, whereas online they won’t because you do that in advance.
- The best shows are mostly full, so if there’s one particular show you’re into and that’s quite famous, book online. Same goes for nightclubs with DJ-celebrities, you won’t get in unless you got a ticket first. But otherwise, all unsold shows will have discounts for the same-night.
- You have the Gondola Boat Rides at The Venetian, a Shark Reef Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay, a Viewing Deck at the Eiffel Tower, another iconic view from the Stratosphere Tower, and the LINQ Promenade…
Let the fun begin !
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas !
More tips for visiting the City of Sin…
- Mornings are usually quiet because people are still sleeping off the night before, so use that time (if you’re awake) to explore the town and see its many wonders. Go through the hotels and check their areas, and absolutely do not miss the best place to go on a shopping spree, which is The Forum Shops at Caesar’s.
- Don’t go by foot everywhere : The Strip is pretty huge, and you’ll get tired with the heat and dryness from the desert; by the way, don’t forget to carry a bottle of water and chapstick. You have two ways of traveling with public transportation : The Deuce bus, which is really practical as it reaches all parts of town. Also, the Monorail (my personal favorite), but it only goes through the main hotels.
- Visit the beautiful gallery at the Bellagio that currently displays a collection of Cirque du Soleil sculptures. While you’re there, see their botanical garden and the fountains ! They shoot water so high up in the sky, it’s almost unbelievable. Then go on a ride at the Big Apple Coaster at New York-New York.
- Take the time to go all the way to the famous “Las Vegas Welcome Sign” and get you instagrammable picture there ! It’s super iconic and has vintage feels.
Frenchie in Las Vegas
Here’s my OOTD for our first day out in Vegas. It’s a super casual and comfy ensemble, I find it somewhat feminine, which clashes with most “styles” you can see on The Strip. But what can I say, I like to keep myself classy.
The jumpsuit is from Target, they actually have a wide variety of clothes and they got better over the years, so you should definitively check it out : you’ll be nicely surprised. My shoes are wedge espadrilles from Castaner, they make your feet & legs look so cute. The watch is Daniel Wellington, it’s gold with a dark brown leather bracelet. My glasses are Chanel ! Of course 😘
Oh, and makeup-wise, for those who want to know what I use for my brows, it’s Benefit‘s “goof proof eyebrow pencil” in 4. If you visit the City of Sin, I will recommend you dress well and check the luxury places, that’s a whole other side that most people don’t think to explore but it’s so worth it.
📷 Photos by : Dakota Kennedy, my lovely sister 💞
Hello from Las Vegas !
I’m about to share with you my favorite places to go when I visit the City of Sin. Every time I come to California, I just can’t miss a weekend there. It’s a short trip from L.A., and it’s America’s favorite playground; what else can you ask for.
- THE TRIP
The best way to go is by car, it’s an experience. You get to see the amazing desert landscapes for hours… until suddenly, after about five to six hours drive, there’s finally a tiny shiny dot in the middle of nowhere : yeah, that’s when you know you’ve arrived. It’s pretty much mind-blowing. Don’t forget to make a stop at Barstow, it’s easy to access, and they’ve got Starbucks there. Also, take route 66, it’s phenomenal how many retro diners and tiny museums you’ll be able to check out. If you’re feeling a tad hungry, then go to Peggy Sue’s 50’s diner. It’s iconic. If you’re a mad lover of old-timey western movies, there’s the Calico ghost town that you should go see. Plenty of adventures on the road to Vegas !
- THE HOTEL
The Flamingo 🌺
It’s, in my opinion, the best option as it’s kinda cheap and right in the middle of The Strip. I’ll usually book a room that has a view, and I’ll get front seats to the beautiful Bellagio’s fountains, with their amazing water show every single night. Also, it’s right across The Ceasar’s Palace; I mean come on. The hotel has some cute all-pinky facilities. There are actual flamingos in the yard ! There’s two pools, one that’s more like for everyone including families, and the other offers the performance of musicians, and you gotta book a cabana or daybed. What else… they have stylish bars, restaurants, a casino of course, a shopping area, a spa, golf, and daily shows… you can’t get bored there. The rooms have recently been redone, and it’s beautiful. It’s a girl’s dream because it’s comfy and comes in all shades of white and pink, and there’s a bunch of sparkly things. I just love the design, and how central it is.
Can’t wait for winter to be over.
It was lovely to have the flu, but I’m glad I’ve finally recovered from it… It’s been nearly a week, and I feel somewhat okay-ish enough to be out of Netflix, and back on The Blog.
So I’ve planned a couple travel posts, in which I will share quick tours of cities I’ve visited recently, and I’ll give some tips : especially for the gluten-free intolerant folks, who like me probably, have a hard time feeding themselves properly while traveling. It is a struggle, but I got some cool locations.
Also like, cultural places you shouldn’t miss and what was my fave thing during the trip; I’m announcing the cities you’ll have the joy to discover here : Barcelona, Sevilla, Granada in Spain, Marrakesh in Marocco, Vrnjacka Banja, Manasija, Belgrade in Serbia, and Paris in France ! Got a few more coming…
Give a little kiss to my baby dog Leopold, he’s the cutest, and see you in my next post !
PS – Have you seen ? There’s a new tropical background 🙂 It’s similar to the Beverly Hills hotel one, for those of you who know.