“When in doubt, book that ticket and go”
En route for Las Vegas !
I have a love-hate relationship with this city. I mean it’s an odd place, everything seems grandiose and completely unbelievable because we’re in the middle of the desert… the air is dry, and the heat is crushing.
But at the same time, you’ve got all that luxury before your eyes. They say it’s America’s favorite playground, and I do have to agree on that. The sentence “anything is possible” makes sense there, whatever you’re searching for, you might find it. It’s not like L.A. where people come with their dreams, here it’s all about having a good time without considering consequences.
Which is why I do not like the general ambience there. I just find it fascinating, it’s like a trip down the rabbit hole, where you get to see all the curiosities hidden from wonderland.
“When you put love out in the world, it travels”
Back to my Californian hometown… Redondo Beach !
I consider the South Bay area to be the best in Los Angeles, not only because of the amazing beaches, but also the chill vibes and beautiful houses.
When I first arrived in L.A. in 2012 (oh boy, that’s a long time ago !) I had no clue this place would be so pretty. I totally fell in love, and it obviously broke my heart when I moved to Paris. Time away has become an eternity…
I had been waiting for too long to be reunited with my best friend Noah again; I don’t know which one of us is crazier – probably me, but I do know we complete each other’s silliness. & I missed that, so much.
We spent such a great afternoon together, my sister was there as well. We chatted, and laughed and I just felt like myself again. It was like, I hadn’t been myself since I had gone. This trip completely restored me.
The Venice Canals
Italy ?… Never heard of her !
What has always baffled & amazed me, is that you can literally find anything in L.A. That place will either make or break your dreams, but in the process you will have experiences unlike any other place.
Who would have thought LA was so cold in March…
After crossing an entire ocean, and a continent… we finally arrived in beautiful, sunny Los Angeles. Where it was freakishly cold. Or were we too sleep-deprived to feel any warmth, I don’t know.
What I do know is that :
– There were no Uber answering from LAX, thanks to their slow wifi.
– I had forgotten to refill my T-Mobile account so I couldn’t use data to move away from the airport and eventually get an Uber to drive us home.
– That we didn’t have any change for at least taking a bus away from LAX, because we hadn’t thought this through…
– We did finally find an ATM and someone who accepted to change a 10$ bill.
– Somehow we managed to miss our bus, so we had to wait almost an hour for the next one…
– Finally, after 15hours or more of crazy travel, we were home-ish… except the apartment I used to stay at, was now the house next door. We didn’t even have the right address, oh well.
After those insanities, we decided sleep would be our best ally – the next morning was a total breakfast binge at Denny’s ! Welcome to America !